Gunman killed by police near NC campus
The gunman exchanged gunfire with police then fled to the college campus where he was tracked down and refused to surrender.
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of PoliceOne or its staff.
Active Shooter Articles
- New FBI director addresses school safety in Conn.
James Comey stopped in at the New Haven field office Friday with a message that the agency stands ready to help local and state law enforcement
- Remembering the Long Island Rail Road massacre
On Dec. 7, 1993, a gunman opened fire on a train car filled with commuters, killing 6, wounding 19
- Audio: 911 calls from Newtown show calm response
One caller told police in a trembling, breathless voice that a gunman was shooting inside the building
- Should we fear active shooter anniversaries?
Experts say that those who carry out horrific acts pick their dates very carefully, and that anniversaries may serve as a blueprint for evil
- Would-be Conn. shooter had rifle, 2,700 rounds of ammo
William Dong, 22, also had newspaper clippings about the Colorado theater shooting at his home; school was put into lockdown earlier this week after he was spotted
Featured Active Shooter Videos