AUBURN, N.Y. — Authorities say two people were making meth when their central New York apartment caught fire, and not cooking a batch of chicken wings as they told police.
Police tell the Auburn Citizen that firefighters responded to an early morning fire in May at an Auburn apartment where a 42-year-old woman and a 44-year-old man suffered severe burns from what they claimed was a grease fire.
Firefighters were suspicious and asked police to investigate. Police later found two 2-liter bottles in a wooded area near the complex with evidence of methamphetamine.
The bottles were sent to a state lab where they tested positive for illegal substances. The two suspects were charged this week with manufacturing meth after being indicted by a Cayuga County grand jury.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press