Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home  >  Topics  >  Edged Weapons  > Page 9 Related Products:  Knives
Edged Weapons

Edged Weapons

The Edged Weapons topic covers news, tips, tactics and equipment officers need to defend against blade attacks. Whether it’s a butcher knife, a machete, an axe, or a pocket knife, police officers face the threat of an edged weapon attack exponentially more often than a firearm.
Main News Columns Videos Photos


Video: Police fatally shoot knife-wielding teen on bus

Witnesses are questioning why 9 shots were fired at the teen, who approached police with a knife and ignored orders - Full Story


Review: SOG Snarl is 'the' neck knife for patrol

Review: SOG Snarl is 'the' neck knife for patrol

The Snarl is a one-piece sheepsfoot blade with two generously-sized knuckle holes for a handle. - Full Story


Ex-pro wrestler arrested in fatal stabbing

Brian McGhee, better known as "The Future" Donovan Ruddick, stabbed a woman to death then crashed his vehicle fleeing police - Full Story


Review: SOG Snarl is 'the' neck knife for patrol Lindsey J. Bertomen - Police Products

Review: SOG Snarl is 'the' neck knife for patrol

Jason Brous' knife designs are ergonomic works of art which give the user a mechanical cutting advantage - Full Story


Tip - Knife grips (POSA) Secure - Login Required

This video discusses the 4 types of knife grips and their advantages and disadvantages.


Stubborn store owner, 96, refuses armed robber

The robber, knife-in-hand, became frustrated with the woman, who wouldn't open her register or get out of his way.
WAOW - Newsline 9, Wausau News, Weather, Sports


Surviving hidden weapons Secure - Login Required

Captain Steve Johnson discusses the importance of continuing your training and staying up to date on the current trends of hidden compartments in seemingly everyday items.


Reality Training: Suspect pulls butcher knife at traffic stop PoliceOne Staff - Reality Training: Roll Call Video Review

Reality Training: Suspect pulls butcher knife at traffic stop

Action may beat reaction 99.99 percent of the time, but Clarendon County Deputy Danny Graham may well represent that remaining 0.01 percent - Full Story


NM police fatally shoot crazed, knife-wielding man

The man was a mentally ill Vietnam veteran that police had dealt with before, and he approached with two knives - Full Story


Video released of cop killing man in deadly Walmart standoff

Capt. David Huff, a trained hostage negotiator, fired at point-blank range at a man holding a young girl at knife-point - Full Story

Sign up for FREE
Edged Weapons eNewsletters

Enter your email address below:

Connect with PoliceOne

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google

Edged Weapons Columnists

Destroying Myths & Discovering Cold Facts Destroying Myths & Discovering Cold Facts
with Force Science Institute
The Police Marksman The Police Marksman
with The Police Marksman Magazine