Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home  >  Topics  >  Legal

March 31, 2013
Print Comment RSS

Coney Island shooting suspect released from custody

Police had said Brown entered an apartment in a public housing complex and shot 4 people, killing 1

Associated Press

NEW YORK — The man arrested in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding three of others in Brooklyn's Coney Island neighborhood earlier this month has been released from custody.

A spokesman for the Brooklyn District Attorney's office says Saturday a judge ordered 29-year-old Joseph Brown released on Friday.

The spokesman says the investigation is ongoing and Brown is due back in court next month.

Police had said Brown entered an apartment in a public housing complex, walked to a back bedroom and shot a man in the head. Investigators said he then shot three other people in the apartment, killing one.

Associated PressCopyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press






PoliceOne Offers

Sponsored by

P1 on Facebook

Connect with PoliceOne

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google

Get the #1 Police eNewsletter

Police Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
See Sample