A formidable foe for law enforcement
James Burke of the Montgomery County, Ohio Sheriffs Department discusses both the Columbine and Virginia Tech school shootings and gives recommendations on how law enforcement can deal with these formidable foes.
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of PoliceOne or its staff.
Mass Casualty Incidents Articles
- 4 dead, 2 wounded in Calif. tribal center shootings
A formal tribe leader opened fire at an eviction hearing, then went after victims with a knife
- Police: 4 dead after La. shootings, 3 injured
Ben Freeman, 38, gunned down his former in-laws and his wife before killing himself
- Police file on Newtown shooting to be released
The report "has been redacted according to law," and includes text, photos and 911 calls received by state police
- Newtown reflects on year of horror, grief and tough choices
From horror came despair and, soon, attempts at moving beyond one of the nation's deadliest shootings
- Remembering the Long Island Rail Road massacre
On Dec. 7, 1993, a gunman opened fire on a train car filled with commuters, killing 6, wounding 19
Featured Mass Casualty Incidents Videos