Dad says Google maps image shows slain son

Google has announced it is working on removing the photo of a slain Richmond teenager


By Alex Savidge
KTVU

RICHMOND, Calif. — Officials from Google Maps announced Monday that the organization was working to remove an image showing the body of a Richmond teenager after he was shot and killed back in 2009.

The offending image shows police officers standing near 14-year-old Kevin Barrera, who was found, shot to death, along some railroad tracks.

The victim's father Jose Barrera said he learned about the disturbing image last week, and since then he was asking Google to pull it off out of respect for his son. 

Full Story: Google says its working to remove image of slain teen

Recommended Media Relations

Join the discussion