Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home > News > 

London chief says bombers could strike again


July 28, 2005
Print Comment RSS

London chief says bombers could strike again

The Associated Press

LONDON- Metropolitan police chief Sir Ian Blair said Thursday that bombers still at large following the July 21 attacks could strike again, and warned that other terror cells could also be capable of launching attacks.

"It does remain possible that those at large will strike again. It does also remain possible that there are other cells who are capable and intent on striking again," Blair said at a meeting of the Metropolitan Police authority.

Blair said the failed July 21 attacks, which came two weeks after 52 people were killed by four men who blew themselves up on three subway trains and a bus, was not a sign the terrorists had been weakened in any way.

"This is not the B team. These weren't the amateurs. They made a mistake. They only made one mistake, and we're very, very lucky," he said.

Blair said he was confident that police would find the bombers - as well as whoever backed them.

"The carnage that would have occurred had those bombs gone off would have at least been equivalent of those on July 7, and therefore it is absolutely imperative that we find those responsible," Blair said.




PoliceOne Offers

Breaking Police News

P1 on Facebook

Get the #1 Police eNewsletter

Police Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
See Sample

Connect with PoliceOne

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google

PoliceOne Exclusives

Featured Videos