State Department issues worldwide terror caution
The Associated Press
WASHINGTON- Americans around the world remain under threat of attack from al-Qaida and groups associated with the network headed by Osama bin Laden, the State Department said Tuesday.
The bombings last month in London and in March 2004 in Madrid are a reminder that terrorists may strike at public transportation systems, the department said. And, it said, extremists also may select aviation and marine services as targets.
Turmoil in Iraq is likely to pose a potential trigger for violence against Americans, and elections scheduled for next month in Afghanistan may also spark anti-American action, the statement said.
In issuing the worldwide caution, the department said its purpose was to bring information on a continuing threat up to date. The last worldwide caution was issued in March.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|Back to previous page|