The TASER Foundation Launches “Drive to Remember” to Raise Awareness About Officers Killed in the Line of Duty
To raise awareness about officers killed-in-the-line-of-duty by driving across the United States, from LA to DC, to attend the National Peace Officers Memorial Service on May 15th.
The idea was conceived in October 2006 as a unique way to raise awareness across the country about officer line-of-duty deaths. It is a partnership between 24Seven Cop2Cop Newspaper and the TASER Foundation and would not be possible without help from our many friends and sponsors.
A 2007 Hummer H3, wrapped in striking law enforcement memorial graphics. Including the names of all 145 American officers and 6 Canadian officers killed-in-the-line-of-duty in 2006, prominently displayed in a place of honor on the hood.
• Sergeant Steve Gibson, law enforcement officer-Patrol Sgt, 28 yrs experience, 48 yrs old, TASER Foundation, Publisher/Editor 24Seven Cop2Cop Newspaper.
• Detective Tod Catchpole, law enforcement officer-Missing Women Task Project Evenhanded, 17 yrs experience, 47 yrs old, TASER Foundation, Publisher 24Seven Cop2Cop Newspaper.
• Craig Prystay, friend of law enforcement, GM of Best Western-Sands Hotel, 49 years old, TASER Foundation, Marketing Manager 24Seven Cop2Cop Newspaper.
4,000 miles, 2 Countries, 18 States, 1 Province, 26 Major Cities, 11 days.
—May 01st Vancouver B.C. via I-5 to Seattle WA, Tacoma WA to Portland OR
—May 02nd Portland via I-5 to Sacramento CA
—May 03rd Sacramento, attend the California Police and Peace Officers Memorial (Drive to LA via I-5 after the memorial ceremony)
—May 04th LA, LASD Headquarters, attend LASD Memorial Torch Relay. (welcoming ceremony hosted by LASD)
—May 05th LA via I-10, San Bernardino, Palm Springs to Scottsdale AZ (Attend Arizona Diamondbacks game as special guests)
—May 06th Scottsdale via I-17 to Flagstaff then I-40 to Albuquerque NM
—May 07th Albuquerque via I-40 to Amarillo TX to Oklahoma City OK. (welcoming ceremony hosted by Oklahoma Highway Patrol)
—May 08th Oklahoma City via I-44 to Tulsa, Springfield MO to St.Louis MO (welcoming ceremony hosted by the St. Louis PD)
—May 09th St. Louis via I-70 to Terre Haute IN, Indianapolis IN to Columbus OH
—May 10th Columbus via I-70 to Pittsburgh PA via I-76 to Harrisburg PA
—May 11th Harrisburg via I-78 to New York NY
—May 12th New York via I-95 to Washington DC (official greeting by NLEOMF Chairman Craig Floyd & attend NAPO Top Cops Award Ceremony)
This “Drive” would not be possible without the help of our many sponsors.
24Seven Cop2Cop Newspaper: Vehicle owners drivers, management & logistics
TASER Foundation: Vehicle wrap & vehicle logistics
Best Western Hotels International: Hotels & Meals
Chevron: Gasoline & Car Washes
AceK9.com: Financial & graphics
PoliceBusinessCards.com: Business cards
Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department: Host
Los Angeles Police Department: Host
Oklahoma Highway Patrol: Host
St. Louis Police Department: Host
• This will be an annual event and throughout the year the vehicle wrap will be left on to increase awareness of line-of-duty deaths.
• For more information and on how you can support the “Drive To Remember” year round please visit www.taserfoundation.org or contact:
Cell 602-384-8416 (AZ area code)
Cell 604-817-2637 (Vancouver)