Firearm safety rules
Revised Firearm Safety Rules:
Unloading the Firearm
1. Point your firearm in a safe direction — one where an unintentional discharge will cause NO HUMAN INJURY and, at most minor property damage. AKA “the laser rule”.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard at all times throughout the clearing/unloading process.
3. Place the SAFETY ON (S/white), if applicable.
4. Remove the magazine.
5. Cycle the action several times then lock the bolt or slide to the rear.
6. Visually and physically inspect the chamber to confirm the firearm is unloaded.
Eye & Ear Protection
1. Wrap around eye protection is MANDATORY.
2. Ear protection is MANDATORY.
3. Hats (brimmed headwear) are MANDATORY. Dr Rick Tovar was featured in a Tactical Tip on Policeone.com addressing
4. Long sleeve shirt is recommended.
|Back to previous page|