Coney Island shooting suspect released from custody
Police had said Brown entered an apartment in a public housing complex and shot 4 people, killing 1
NEW YORK — The man arrested in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding three of others in Brooklyn's Coney Island neighborhood earlier this month has been released from custody.
A spokesman for the Brooklyn District Attorney's office says Saturday a judge ordered 29-year-old Joseph Brown released on Friday.
The spokesman says the investigation is ongoing and Brown is due back in court next month.
Police had said Brown entered an apartment in a public housing complex, walked to a back bedroom and shot a man in the head. Investigators said he then shot three other people in the apartment, killing one.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
|Back to previous page|