Blauer Tactical Systems Announces the 2013 International SPEAR System Symposium
2013 International SPEAR System Symposium
Monday, October 21, 2013 10:30 AM -
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 4:30 PM (GMT)
OUR STORY: In 1987, Tony Blauer was experimenting with instinctual, sub-conscious movement and concluded it was always faster than cognitive muscle memory. Experimenting with this discovery evolved into what is now known as the S.P.E.A.R. System. It is unlike any other officer safety, self-defense or defensive tactics method. It does not rely on learned muscle movement or memorized skill sets. It has been designed around human nature and behavior making it the simplest, most natural and instinctive way to protect you.
“The S.P.E.A.R. System is the study of human movement as it relates to violence, fear, and aggression.” – Official BTS Definition.
For the past 15 years Coach Tony Blauer of Blauer Tactical Systems (BTS), has traveled to the United Kingdom sharing his research into the S.P.E.A.R. System. He is had decided to use the United Kingdom to host the first ever international SPEARSymposium.
In 2007 S.P.E.A.R. was incorporated into the ACPO Manual of Guidance on Personal Safety and has since been used extensively throughout the Police Service in the UK.
- • S.P.E.A.R. is also included in the Close Protection package.
- • In 2011 the Scottish Prison Service incorporated the S.P.E.A.R. System.
- • Select offices within the NHS Trust utilize the SPEAR for their control and restraint and personal safety program.
- • The S.P.E.A.R. is also used by various units, agencies, organizations in Denmark, Germany, Australia, Holland, Sweden and other EU countries.
- • The S.P.E.A.R. is also used extensively by elements within the USA DoD, Secret Service, Border Patrol and other Federal agencies.
For the first time Mr Blauer is going to be holding a 2-day Symposium on the S.P.E.A.R. System allowing trainers and managers unprecedented first hand access to the founder of the System.
This inaugural event will be take place 21st – 22nd October 2013.
Registration is required via secure online system and participants and their guests will be required to register as there are only 100 seats in the auditorium per day. For verification, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your government issued email address and you will be sent a registration code required to register.
- • Essential Drills for your trainers & officers
- • S.P.E.A.R. application for Firearms / Taser STU’s
- • S.P.E.A.R. application for multiple assailants
- • S.P.E.A.R. application for Control and Restraint
- • The importance of Developing a Behaviourally Based Combative System / conflict management for Law Enforcement Officer's. Medical, Fitness, Safety perspectives.
- • Key models of learning that will aid design and delivery.
- • Founders rationale for the Cycle of behaviour / Neural Circuitry of Fear.
- • Creating buy in. Community of Practice?
- • Intervention - key points of interception that every staff safety trainers should be teaching (Based on awareness of primary initiation attacks /pre contact cues)
- • Latest developments.
Please email email@example.com from your government email and confirm the course you attended. We will respond with a REGISTRATION CODE.