American Military University (AMU) provides quality and affordable online education to U.S. Armed Forces, members of the public safety, service and national security communities, and working adults in a wide range of fields. AMU closely partners with industry organizations and is highly respected by public service, intelligence, homeland security and criminal justice communities for developing curriculum that is relevant to today’s job market. AMU is a member of the regionally accredited American Public University System. Here’s why more than 100,000 students make us their school of choice.
- #1 most popular provider of education to the U.S. military
- Admission fees are waived for active duty, guard and reserve members
- No application fees
- Textbooks are provided at no cost to all undergraduate students earning academic credit
- Active duty tuition assistance covers up to 100% of undergraduate tuition and up to 75% of graduate tuition for as many as six courses per year
- Affordable tuition that is 20 percent less than the average four-year public university’s in-state rates according to the College Board’s 2010-2011 study
- Save time and money by transferring previous education and training credits
- Nationally recognized for quality online education and effective practices
- Experienced faculty; many who are executives in government and nonprofit organizations including the United Nations, State Department, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, and Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- 96% of AMU seniors say they are satisfied or very satisfied with their education
- 97% of AMU seniors say they would recommend AMU to friends and colleagues
To get started, complete our no-fee application now.