The Montezuma County Sheriff's Office located in Cortez, Colorado is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill the School Resource Officer position. Interested candidates must have current POST certification from Colorado or another state. This position will be primarily responsible for the safety and security of the Dolores schools, (K-12),as well as uniformed patrol of all unincorporated areas of the county. enforcement of county and state statutes, investigation of criminal activities, other duties as assigned. The SRO is assigned to 5 eight hour shifts while school is in session, but may rotate to 4 ten hour shifts when school is out.
Qualifications are as follows:
must have high school diploma or GED
- must be at least 21 years of age
- must have valid driver license and good driving record
- Colorado POST or Colorado POST provisional certification
- law enforcement experience is preferable but not necessary
- successfully pass a medical exam and physical agility assessment
- successfully pass a psychological exam and drug screen
- SRO experience is also preferred, but not necessary
- tattoos visible in a short sleeve uniform are considered on a case by case basis.
Benefits include pay range of $40,170 to $45,500 per year DOE, health insurance, holiday, compensatory, and sick time accrual, paid vacation, take home patrol vehicle, assigned equipment.
Interested persons may come by the Sheriff's Office for an application at 730 E. Driscoll Cortez, CO 81321 or go to www.montezumasheriff.org and print fill out the patrol application. Completed applications may be mailed, emailed or returned in person to Lieutenant Adam Eastman 730 E. Driscoll Cortez, CO 81321 firstname.lastname@example.org.