LINN COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE
1115 SE JACKSON STREET
ALBANY, OREGON 97322
Updated: March 10, 2014
Job Classification: Deputy Sheriff (Criminal) - Entry Level
The Linn County Sheriff's Office is currently building an ongoing eligibility list for Entry Level Deputy Sheriff.
Testing for this position is available through National Testing Network (NTN). ORPAT is scheduled separately from the NTN home page. You must have both a FrontLine National and valid ORPAT test for this position. Testing for both FrontLine National and ORPAT is available at the Brooklake campus of Chemeketa Community College.
Salary Information: Up to $4,767
• The potential of 17% additional pay for certification, education, bi-lingual and special assignments.
• The Linn County Sheriff’s Office provides an excellent health coverage plan for employee and eligible dependents, including medical, vision, prescription, dental, and optional life insurance, and long term disability
• All uniforms (including dry cleaning) and equipment provided. Take-home cars for deputies living within Linn County borders. Yearly equipment allowance of $150.
• Shift overtime is paid at 1.5 times the regular rate of pay
• Linn County Sheriff’s Office Deputies are enrolled in a retirement plan through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS), with county-pickup, along with 1% county-pickup deferred compensation plan
• Paid vacation, personal and sick time
• Ability to accrue up to 60 hours in Comp Time
Please visit www.LinnSheriff.org to learn about the experience of being a valuable member of our team at the Linn County Sheriff’s Office.
Linn County, Oregon is a county of approximately 2,300 square miles encompassing the very best Oregon has to offer. Extending from the confluence of the Willamette River and the Santiam River, to the crest of the Cascade Mountain Range, Linn County’s terrain is as diverse as its people. From grass seed farming and specialized metals fabrication, to high-tech automation and lumber mills, Linn County is the sought-after area in Oregon for people to call home.