BEND POLICE DEPARTMENT
555 NE 15TH ST
BEND, OREGON 97701
Updated: June 10, 2014
Classification: Lateral Police Officer
The Bend Police Department is currently filling vacancies for recruit police officers. Vacancies are filled by compiling a list of the top candidates through NTN testing, ORPAT and oral board. Testing is open continuously and new hires will occur as openings become available. However, all applicants who have completed their NTN FrontLine National testing through National Testing Network (NTN)and City of Bend NeoGov applications by July 31, 2014 will be considered eligible for the initial hiring process beginning in August 2014.
Salary Information: Up to $5,473 per month
Additional pay incentives may be given for holiday bank compensation, overtime, uniform maintenance allowance, specialty assignment pay or certification incentives. The department also offers a Police Proficiency Incentive Program which offers additional pay incentives ranging from 7% to 14%, depending on DPSST Certification levels and completion of the Oregon Physical Abilities Test (ORPAT).
• The City of Bend provides an excellent health coverage plan for employee and eligible dependents, including medical, vision, prescription, dental, life insurance, and long term disability
• All uniforms and equipment provided
• Shift overtime is paid at 1.5 times the regular rate of pay
• Bend Police Officers are enrolled in a retirement plan through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Ability to accrue up to 80 hours in Comp TIme
• Lateral Applicants - Applicants must have current DPSST, POST, or equivalent certifications. Applicants must be currently employed by a municipal, county or state law enforcement agency. Laterals may be eligible to receive up to a $4000 signing bonus - Up to $2000 for relocation expenses / Up to $2000 after completing probation.
Captain Cory Darling
Support Services Division Commander
Department Information: Bend PD's 115 employees (91 sworn, 24 non-sworn) work together to support our mission statement, "We, together with the community, will provide Law Enforcement Services of the highest quality." We are committed to our core values of Service, Integrity, Fairness, Caring, Partnership, Progressive and Excellence. The Bend Police Department has three divisions: Patrol Division, Investigations Division and Support Services. These divisions are comprised of the Patrol Team, Traffic Team, K-9 Team, Criminal Detectives, Narcotics Detectives, SWAT, Community Service Officers, Evidence Technicians, Training Division and Records. Patrol shifts are 11.25 hours, four days a week. This is followed by four days off. There is a 6 hour in service training day every quarter.