SNOHOMISH COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
3000 ROCKEFELLER, MS 606
EVERETT, WASHINGTON 98201
Updated: August 14, 2014
Job Classification: Entry Level Deputy Sheriff
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office is building an ongoing eligibility list for Entry Level Deputy Sheriff. Testing for this position is through National Testing Network (NTN).
Salary Information: 2014 Rates are now $4,574.24 - $5,989.53
• Salary may include college incentive pay, longevity pay and specialty pay if eligible
• Choice of two medical insurance plans
• Fully paid dental, vision and basic life insurance for you and all of your dependants
• Take home vehicle upon completion of field training
• All uniforms and equipment provided
• LEOFF 2 retirement
• Optional deferred compensation program
• Employee Assistance Program
• Wellness Program and flexible spending account
• Access to Snocope Credit Union
• Direct payroll deposit option to various financial institutions
• Long term disability insurance through the Deputy Sheriff Association
• Paid vacation and sick leave
Sergeant Steve McDonald
Department Overview: Snohomish County is located on Puget Sound, between Skagit County to the north and King County (and Seattle) to the south. Covering 2,090 square miles, it is the 13th largest county in total land area in Washington.
Snohomish County's varied topography ranges from saltwater beaches, rolling hills and rich river bottom farmlands in the west to dense forest and alpine wilderness in the mountainous east. Glacier Peak, at 10,541 feet, is the highest point in Snohomish County and one of the highest in Washington State. Sixty-eight percent of the county land area is forest land, 18% is rural, 9% is urban/city and 5% is agricultural.
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office is a full service law enforcement agency providing law enforcement, jail services, court security, and civil processing services to all areas of unincorporated Snohomish County and to the contract cities of Stanwood, Gold Bar, Darrington, Snohomish, Sultan, and Index.
Population: 733,036 (2012 estimate)