January 25, 2010
Safariland™ Adds Four New Handcuff Models To Its Quality Line of Handcuffs
JACKSONVILLE, Florida – Safariland™, a BAE Systems line of business, introduces four new handcuff models to its full line of restraints. Two Steloy models, that are 40% lighter and 17% larger than standard handcuffs, and two new solid-bar, rigid-style handcuffs.
The Safariland handcuff line carries with it the heritage and quality of the renowned Hiatt® Handcuffs, now branded under the Safariland name. Distinctive features set the Safariland line apart from the competition:
- 18 teeth comprising 3 retaining bars with 6 teeth on each bar, making the cuffs extremely difficult to pick
- Built-in back-loading feature for faster cuffing
- Heavy duty construction with oversized rivet heads for added strength
- Leaf-spring, double-locking system is very difficult to defeat
- Technology ensures the shackle hits the center of the cuff every time
- The Models 8111 Steloy Chain Style handcuff and the 8121 Steloy Hinge Style handcuff are made of top quality, heavy duty steel and aluminum alloy construction. The combination of the materials, called Steloy, makes the handcuffs 40% lighter, allowing them to be made oversized with a 17% larger frame than standard sized handcuffs. Both models feature a positive swing-through action for ease of use, and they have reinforced steel swivels for added strength. In addition, the Model 8121 Hinge Style handcuff includes solid links which connect the handcuffs and heavy duty solid hinges for reinforced holding power.
- The Model 8132 Rigid Cuff, just as the name implies, is a rigid handcuff and does not fold, allowing for a very secure grip on the subject. It features a comfortable grip that is molded to the shape of the hand for enhanced control and it locks and double locks like chain-style handcuffs using a standard handcuff key.
The Model 8142 Ultimate Hinge handcuff snaps open to a flat profile, then locks into position becoming rigid for use. When not in use, it folds for easy storage. It also locks and double- locks like chain-style handcuffs using a standard handcuff key.
All four models are offered in both Nickel and Black with the following MSRPs.
Model 8111 $ 49.95 54.95
Model 8121 $ 64.25 69.95
Model 8132 $ 56.00 64.95
Model 8142 $ 56.00 74.95
For more information about Safariland slings or other products, visit www.safariland.com/dutygear.
Safariland, LLC is a premier provider of law enforcement and security products and services, delivering a full-range of customer-specific solutions. Offering many of the world’s most recognizable branded products in the public safety market, Safariland is committed to saving lives.
For more information about Safariland, please visit www.safariland.com.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is the premier global defense, security and aerospace company delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. With approximately 105,000 employees worldwide, BAE Systems' sales exceeded £18.5 billion (US $34.4 billion) in 2008.