TASER International Celebrates 77,777 Saves
“Saves Counter” is launched estimating the lives saved from potential death or serious injury with TASER ECDs on TASER.com
SCOTTSDALE, AZ — TASER International, Inc. today launched a new “Saves Counter” that tracks estimates of the number of people whose lives have been saved from potential death or serious injury using TASER® devices. The Saves Counter is posted on the home page of TASER.com.
The Saves Counter was developed based on a statistical analysis of TASER usage patterns in the more than 16,300 agencies using TASER ECDs today. Some key statistics:
- -More than 600,000 TASER ECDs are used by law enforcement officers worldwide
- -107 countries deploy TASER ECDs
- -ECDs are deployed roughly once every two years in the field based on reported usage patterns
- -TASER ECDs have been used in approximately 1.4 million incidents
- -The usage equates to roughly 2.3 times for each TASER ECD fielded since 1999
- -An analysis of field uses of ECDs published in the Journal of Trauma found that 5.4% of TASER ECD uses were deemed to have clearly prevented use of lethal force by police
- -5.4% of the 1.4 million field incidents of TASER deployments equates to the number of people saved from serious risk of injury or death
- -TASER ECDs are deployed more than 900 times each day worldwide
“The Saves Counter is an important reminder to our employees and the brave men and women of law enforcement about the valuable work they do every day,” said Tom Smith, Chairman and Founder of TASER International. “The Saves Counter is linked not just to the math behind the estimate, but to videos and reports of the heroic efforts of law enforcement officers to save lives with ECDs. It is with sincere gratitude that we thank these brave men and women for the risks that take every day to keep our communities safe.”
About TASER International, Inc.
TASER International, Inc. is a global provider of safety technologies that prevent conflict and protect life. More than 16,300 public safety agencies in 107 countries rely on TASER® electronic control devices (ECDs) and AXON on-officer camera systems to help protect and serve. Today, the use of a TASER ECDs have saved more than 77,777 lives from potential death or serious injury while TASER innovations benefit individuals and families too, providing personal protection and accountability while maintaining regard for life. Since 1994, more than 236,000 individuals have relied on TASER technology as a means for effective personal safety. Learn more about TASER International and its solutions at www.TASER.com and www.Evidence.com or by calling (800) 978-2737. Be a part of the TASER community by joining us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.