Test Results for HellStorm(tm) Special Operations Tactical Goggles
BlackHawk Industries Actual Operator Test Results for the HellStorm(tm) Special Operations Tactical Goggles:
Explosive breach #1 - Hollow core door, external breach with overhead cover.
- Charge - 84''C-2 Rigid 28 Net Explosive wt.
- Conditions - 12'' from charge at a 45 degree angle, 4'' off the ground
- Results - no effect to lenses
- Charge - 84" C-2 Rigid .28 Net Explosive wt.
- Conditions - 12'' from charge at a 0 degree angle, 4'' off the ground
- Results - no effects to lenses
#1. 25 meters - 4 pellets hit the lenses with no penetration
#2. 20 meters - 6 pellets hit the lenses with no penetration, 1 pellet broke lense, 5 cracked
#3. 15 meters - 12 pellets hit lense, 1 pellet penetrated to the face, a piece of the inner lense came apart from the rest of the lense (approximate size of half a dime). Penetration from 15 meter test could have come from the compromise of the 20 meter test, since the pellet that penetrated was in close proximity to the crack caused by the 20 meter test.
- 1. Simmuntions, MP5, 2 rounds, 20 ft. = no effect to lenses, but the nose piece came disconnected from lense.
- 2. Simmunitions, MP5, 2 rounds, 10 ft. = 2 cracks on inner lenses near vent holes, and 1 crack on inner lenses from vent hole towards cheek, approximately 1" in length.
- Quote: "I am very impressed with the performance of these goggles!"