The S-D2 is an accurate, reliable and very rugged breath alcohol screener. It’s fast, easy testing sequence makes it the perfect instrument for preliminary law enforcement “Driving Under the Influence” screening. With thousands in use worldwide, the S-D2 has set the standard for preliminary breath testing devices.
- Fuel cell sensor reacts only to alcohol
- Unique “A” and “B” lights show the operator when the subject is providing a sufficient sample for analysis
- Sampling system ensures a deep lung breath sample
- No warm-up time, always ready to use
- Fast, easy testing sequence
- Quick instrument recovery time allows for testing to be done on several people within a short time
- Portable for testing anywhere. No external electrical supply or battery chargers are needed.
Detector—Electrochemical fuel cell
Specificity—Fuel cell sensor is unaffected by acetone, paint and glue fumes, foods, confections, methane, and practically any other substance found in the human breath.
Visual Indicators—“A” and “B” LED lights indicate when a subject has blown hard enough and long enough to ensure a quality, deep lung breath sample
Display—Three-digit illuminated LCD
Sampling—A pressure vs. time system ensures the donor provides a deep lung air sample
Accuracy—±.005 BrAC up to 0.100 BrAC and ±5% above 0.100 BrAC, which meets DOT specifications
Response Time—Within 45 seconds of sampling, depending on alcohol concentration
Reset Time—Immediate at zero alcohol reading, up to two minutes after a positive breath test
Recommended Operating Temperature—32° to 100°F (0° to 40°C)
Calibration—Dry gas or wet bath simulator
Dimensions—2¾” wide x 1½” deep x 5” high (7 cm wide x 3.8 cm deep x 12.7 cm high)
Weight—7½ oz. (213 grams)
Power Supply—One 9-volt battery (included) provides about 500 tests. Display shows “L” when battery voltage is low.
Warranty—One year, parts and labor