July 20, 2009
2009 Less Lethal Training Conference Updates from Safariland
More Classes Added to Reach a Broader Audience
JACKSONVILLE, Florida – Safariland™, a BAE Systems line of business, announced today the dates for the 2009 Less Lethal Training Conference. This year’s event, covering five-days, introduces a more comprehensive approach to less lethal training than has been offered in the past. This includes smaller class sizes that will allow students to receive individualized instruction and support from experts who have taught advanced tactics to thousands of police officers.
The Safariland 2009 Less Lethal Conference will again offer the same exceptional courses previously offered by Monadnock ® and Defense Technology ™, as this curriculum continues to set the standard in Less Lethal training. The Conference will be held September 13 - 17 at the Four Points Sheraton in Leominster, Mass.
The 2009 Safariland Less Lethal Training Conference combines three of the most advanced instruction programs available to law enforcement: baton techniques, less lethal products and firearm use.
- The Monadnock Instructor Seminar has trained more than 40,000 certified instructors worldwide, who now provide practical defense tactics to law enforcement professionals. As part of this year’s conference, Monadnock Instructors will continue to teach techniques for expandable batons.
- The Defense Technology Instructor Certification Program provides a thorough technical understanding of less lethal products and how to use them in numerous tactical operations.
- Developed by law enforcement instructors across the country, the Handgun Level 1 course gives officers the groundwork and foundation necessary for proper weapon use.
“Few conferences provide this level of personalized attention and hands-on instruction,” said Terry Smith, Program Manager for Safariland’s Less Lethal Conference. “We’ve trained more than 40,000 criminal justice professionals in baton handling techniques during the past 37 years. By bringing together our premier training programs into one conference we can now offer the most complete and thorough instruction available to law enforcement personnel.”
The 2009 Less Lethal Training Conference offers certification in the following programs:
- Monadnock Expandable Baton (MEB) program
- Monadnock PR-24® program
- Monadnock Defense Tactics System (MDTS) program
- Defense Technology Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) Aerosol Instructor Course
- Safariland Shooting School Handgun Level 1 course.
Participants will prepare for either Instructor or Instructor-Trainer certification through hands-on contact with Monadnock, Defense Technology or shooting school instructors. For more details on qualifications for these programs, including the enrolment policy, visit www.trainingcouncil.org.
Safariland, LLC is a premier provider of law enforcement and security products and services, delivering a full-range of customer-specific solutions. Offering many of the world’s most recognizable branded products in the public safety market, Safariland is committed to saving lives.
For more information about Safariland, please visit www.safariland.com.
About BAE Systems
BAE Systems is the premier global defense, security and aerospace company delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. With approximately 105,000 employees worldwide, BAE Systems' sales exceeded £18.5 billion (US $34.4 billion) in 2008.