August 24, 2005
Helmet House, Inc. 2005 Law Enforcement Model Helmet Line
Calabasas Hills, CA - Helmet House, Inc., the nation's largest single distributor of motorcycle helmets, announced today the immediate availability of their 2005 Shoei and HJC Law Enforcement helmet line. For 2005, Helmet House's law enforcement model line offers motor officers more options than any other distributor; including a range of Shoei Ѕ shell, ѕ shell and full-face models and the all-new HJC AC-2LE Ѕ shell helmet.
Leading the 2005 model line is the Shoei RJ-Air LE, the leading choice of motor patrol departments nationwide. This ѕ shell helmet is the answer for the officer demanding the best. The RJ-Air LE is the top of the line in a lightweight, durable full-coverage helmet. Featuring Advanced Integrated Matrix (A.I.M.) shell construction, the RJ-Air LE's shell offers a high-performance combination of advanced materials producing a lightweight shell with increased rigidity and elasticity, reducing inertia and impact energy in an accident. The RJ-Air LE meets or exceeds both DOT and Snell 2000 helmet standards. Other features include:
For motor patrols seeking a more traditional Ѕ shell design, Helmet House offers the Shoei ST-LE. The Shoei ST-LE Ѕ shell helmet is the last word in traditional motor officer helmet design offering contemporary features. With a lightweight Advanced Integrated Matrix (A.I.M.) shell, the ST-LE gives the officer an ultra-lightweight, rigid and resilient shell combined with adjustable forehead venting, and a comfortable brushed nylon interior. The ST-LE meets or exceeds DOT helmet standards. Other features include:
- Adjustable air intake and rear exhaust vents allowing increased airflow through the interior liner.
- An energy absorbing, closed-cell expanded polystyrene foam liner.
- Tubular nylon webbing chin strap securely sewn to a metal "T" bar.
- High-gloss black leather visor.
- A removable and washable liner and cheek pads.
- A pre-drilled shell for speaker communications kits with built-in speaker pockets in cheek pads.
Shoei and Helmet House also offer motor patrols a full-face helmet alternative in the Shoei Syncrotec. The Syncrotec provides the officer with the warmth, weather protection and lower wind-noise levels of a full-face helmet combined with the convenience and versatility of an open-face design. Located under the chin bar, the one-touch button operation flips up the entire front of the Syncrotec offering better face-to-face communication during a traffic stop. The face shield may also be flipped up separately to increase air flow to the officer's face and head. The Shoei Syncrotec meets or exceeds DOT helmet standards. Other features include:
- Lightweight "bag-molded" Advanced Integrated Matrix shell.
- Adjustable forehead venting allowing flow-through ventilation.
- Comfortable, plush nylon interior.
- Removable zip-off neck curtain.
- D-ring strap retention strap system.
- High-gloss black leather visor.
Helmet House also offers an all-new model for 2005 in the HJC AC-2 LE. The all-new HJC AC-2 LE offers the motor officer a traditional Ѕ shell design with a multitude of features in a versatile, high-quality, high-value helmet. The HJC AC-2 LE uses a lightweight, fiberglass and Spectra shell construction offering a rigid shell, featuring a triple intake ventilation system combined with a channeled liner and two rear venturi exhaust vents. This makes the AC-2LE offer increased flow-through ventilation keeping the officer's head cooler on warm days on the job. A removable and washable Nylex inner liner and removable zip-off neck curtain and a Nylex (Circle R) inner liner for added protection in colder climates. HJC's nylon strap retention band with a nape strap neatly secures the AC-2LE in place. The HJC AC-2 LE meets or exceeds DOT helmet standards. Other features include:
- An aerodynamic "bag-molded" fiberglass shell reducing wind noise and drag.
- A flip-up chin bar and face shield.
- Single-button release operation allowing easy one-hand opening of the chin bar.
- Adjustable flow-through ventilation.
- Lower front venting directs air flow up inside the face shield to reduce fogging.
- The scratch-resistant, UV-protected Shoei CX-1 face shield that is three-dimensionally curved for increased optical clarity and are available in a variety of tints for a variety of light conditions .
- A Quick Release Base Plate (Q.R.B.P.) allowing tool-free shield removable and replacement without bulky side covers.
- Comfortable interior padding offering communications system compatibility.
However the biggest news in helmets for 2005 isn't a helmet at all. Helmet House offers the M5 Switchblade ™ LED light system for select Shoei and HJC Ѕ shell and ѕ shell helmet. This LED light system is self-contained within the cheek pad or neck curtain of select HJC and Shoei law enforcement helmets. Available as additional accessories, the M5 has a powerful lithium-ion battery system, hidden one-touch button operation and offers a rugged light emitting diode (LED). The M5's LED is able to give over 35 hours of targeted light between charges. It's the effective hands-free light system for the motor officer on night duty needing to write notes or search his duty bag. The M5 Switchblade LED light system is Helmet House law enforcement helmet exclusive and is available to be added to existing RJ Air LE and ST-LE law enforcement models. Other M5 Switchblade LED system features include:
- A drop down fiberglass section for safe and simple communication system installations.
- Two sets of speaker communication pockets- one in the removable neck curtain and one attached permanently to the nylon retention strap.
Helmet House Inc. also carries law enforcement helmet accessories including rank bands and gold and silver plated police and sheriff buttons. Law Enforcement helmet models are available in black and white high rise and low rise paint styles. Custom painting to specific department color specs is also offered as an extra-charge option, contact Helmet House for details. Helmets are available in sizes XS - XXL. For more information, please call Deanna King at 800-421-7247 or visit www.policehelmets.com.
- A 3.7 VDC 600m AH Lithium ion rechargeable power system weighing 1.5 ounces.
- Hidden one-touch button operation allowing hands-free use.
- A charge retention life of up to 3 years of non-use.
- Rechargeable in as little as 20 minutes to 45 minutes if totally depleted.
- No loss in structural integrity of the helmet shell.
- Shatterproof LED lasts over 10,000 hours of use.
- System does not give off any harmful emissions, gases or excessive heat.