April 01, 2013
Field Training Officer Program
Field Training Officer (FTO)
The FTO component in InformaStream addresses the need to document and manage the FTO process.
The FTO period is one of preparation, training transition and integration into a police department. To document this period, FTOs are required to maintain a Checklist, write Daily Observation Reports, End of Phase Reports and many other reports. The Officer in Training (OIT) is also required to fill out evaluations on their respective FTO during training.
These reports are easily accessible via InformaOne—a click of the mouse and FTO’s can record their findings. Similarly, reports on OITs are retrieved via a quick look in the officer’s transcripts, or through the Reports function of the Learning Management System (LMS).
Through each phase, not only can the FTO easily document the OIT’s performance, but InformaOne (through the authoring tool) can setup quizzes, tests and exams: all recorded and tracked in the LMS.
Since this FTO component is integrated into the overall training and tracking system, it is easy to run reports that shows the Officer’s performance both during OIT and in-service.
• Create customized reports: Daily Observation Reports, Daily Rating Chart, and End of Phase Report.
• Create detailed Task List for Officer in Training (OIT) with FTO sign-off.
• Link Task to create Phases with a Command sign-off and approval.
• Link OIT Task to online and classroom training using InformaOne.
• Provide a single report for all officers’ training, from OIT to In-service.
• Provide log-in for FTO to monitor/record OIT progress.
• Provide login for Command Staff to monitor all OIT progress.
• Provide multiple chain of command review levels for each OIT task — that can be customized as needed.
• Link e-Learning and classroom learning to the OIT tasks.
• Provide e-Mail alerts to OIT and FTO when reports are overdue.
• Easily modify, add or remove OIT tasks or phases.
FTO Reports and Documents
• Daily Observation Report (DOR)
• Daily Rating Chart (DRC)
• Patrol Sergeant’s Weekly Report (PSWR)
• End of Phase Report (EOPR)
• OIT Survey/Evaluation on FTO
• Officer in Training Checklist