Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home  >  Topics  >  Police Community

May 23, 2013
Print Comment RSS

100 officers attend fallen cop's daughter's graduation

Officers from all over quietly filed into an auditorium to watch Tatum Raetz graduate from Kindergarten

By PoliceOne Staff

PHOENIX — About 100 police officers attended the kindergarten graduation for the daughter of an Arizona cop that was killed last week in a hit-and-run incident.

Tatum Raetz, daughter of Officer Daryl Raetz, received her diploma in front of a crowd of uniformed officers – her mother in the front row in tears, according to My Fox Phoenix.

"The purpose of us is to be here in proxy for Daryl and to let her know that we're here for her," said Phoenix Police Officer Keith Garn.

Sgt. Ben Kartchner said that the majority of police came from all over the area in uniform, though they were off-duty.

"I hope she knows we're never going to replace her father but that we're going to do the best we can," said Garn.

A fundraiser was also held Wednesday for the Raetz family, according to the article.

The suspect involved in the hit-and-run, Jesus Cabrera Molina, was arrested Sunday. 

PoliceOne Offers

P1 on Facebook

Connect with PoliceOne

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google

Get the #1 Police eNewsletter

Police Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
See Sample