Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home  >  Topics  >  Police Community  > Columns > Page 6
Police Community

Police Community

Welcome to the PoliceOne community. We have members from all branches of Law Enforcement, from all ranks and from across the globe. We are dedicated to providing a secure online environment for officers to share information and interact.

The PoliceOne Community

PoliceOne members may login using their username and password to communicate with fellow officers in the PoliceOne Forums.

If you have forgotten your user name or password, Click Here or contact PoliceOne Customer Service.

PoliceOne Forums
Main News Columns Videos Photos
January 23, 2013
Time of need: How cops are supporting Newtown PD Leischen Stelter - Education Issues in Public Safety

Time of need: How cops are supporting Newtown PD

While the initial response to the shooting at Sandy Hook is over, the follow-up response is ongoing - Full Story
January 11, 2013
P1 Photo of the Week: I lost 146 lbs, thanks to you PoliceOne Members - Photo of the Week

P1 Photo of the Week: I lost 146 lbs, thanks to you

(PoliceOne Image) This week’s photo comes from Sgt. R.T. Stevens of the Southampton County Sheriff's... - Full Story
January 09, 2013
Common-sense lawsuit protection: Saying we're sorry Charles Remsberg - 10-8: Life on the Line

Common-sense lawsuit protection: Saying we're sorry

In lesser incidents, a prompt show of 'civility or kindness' for the aggrieved party may soothe ruffled feathers enough to keep things from escalating into vengeful legal action - Full Story
November 14, 2012
Facebook Forum: The best squad ever P1 Community - The Question

Facebook Forum: The best squad ever

Yes, the Crown Vic is an obvious choice, but it wasn't the only answer when we asked for your favorite - Full Story
November 06, 2012
Facebook Forum: Firefighter sues after cop draws gun P1 Community - The Question

Facebook Forum: Firefighter sues after cop draws gun

You weighed in on who was right in a cop vs. firefighter lawsuit standoff - Full Story
May 07, 2012
 In truth, there is humor: 3 legendary police stories Richard Fairburn - Law Enforcement Firearms

In truth, there is humor: 3 legendary police stories

Storytelling in law enforcement has a rich history of learning through laughter - Full Story
March 15, 2012
Drift: Shifting our law enforcement norms Dr. Larry F. Jetmore - Career Advancement

Drift: Shifting our law enforcement norms

Drift may be defined as what occurs when there is a shifting of norms — or standards — over a period of time, causing new norms — or standards — to form - Full Story
December 29, 2011
2011 in Review: The #1 thing I learned this year Doug Wyllie, PoliceOne Editor in Chief - 10-43: Be Advised...

2011 in Review: The #1 thing I learned this year

I’m recommitting myself to getting as much high-quality training as possible so I can become an even more effective partner to American police officers - Full Story
August 17, 2011
How martial arts training can improve officer safety Lt. Dan Marcou - Blue Knights

How martial arts training can improve officer safety

There are many situations in which the application of skills learned in the martial arts can help to ensure that a police officer on the street makes it home at the end of the shift - Full Story
August 12, 2011
Firearms training: Mastering the basics Chris Cerino - Firearms Training: Fundamentally Sound

Firearms training: Mastering the basics

When you practice, you need to do it in a combat fashion with a combat mindset - Full Story

PoliceOne Offers

Enter your email address below:

Connect with PoliceOne

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google

Police Community Columnists

(Always) Thinking About Wellness (Always) Thinking About Wellness
with Dawn-Elise Snipes
TechBeat TechBeat
with the Office of Justice Programs' National Institute of Justice (NIJ)