Texas cop attacked by monkey at traffic stop
A rookie police officer was caught off guard Wednesday when a pet monkey jumped on his hand as he wrote a traffic citation.
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of PoliceOne or its staff.
- What would you tell a rookie version of yourself?
Look around the squad room for the oldest, most senior cop — the one with hash marks up to his elbow — because when you feel overwhelmed, you’ll remember that he also had a first day
- Man in custody after NYPD cop's teeth broken in assault
The officer, and her partner, tried to arrest several people for smoking marijuana in East Harlem on Sunday
- 3 challenges that blindside rookie cops (and how to survive them)
Obstacles will occur in every cop’s career, but with a positive attitude, perseverance, and integrity, you will live through them and you will become a mature, seasoned veteran
- 10 tips for police rookies who think they know everything
Here are ten things from an old hand you may not yet know — but should!
- Violence-plagued Calif. city gets 47 new cops
Nearly four dozen new police officers will soon start walking their beats on the Oakland streets, as the California city's embattled department welcomes its largest-ever class of recruits