In September, the IACP conducted a survey on law enforcement’s top use of social media tools. We have posted the results to the survey below. They represent a poll of 782 law enforcement agencies from 48 states as well as the District of Columbia.
- 81.1 percent of agencies use social media.
- 66.6 percent have a Facebook page.
- 35.2 percent have a social media policy.
- 23.2 percent are currently crafting a policy.
- Of the agencies that don’t use social media, 61.1 percent are considering it.
- Time and personnel shortages are the most cited reasons for not using social media.
Read more on the IACP website.