This course is designed to provide the law enforcement officer with a comprehensive perspective of the criminal activities, techniques, and potential threats associated to Transnational Organized Crime and Global Terrorism. The law enforcement officer will gain an understanding of criminal indicators, smuggling trends and techniques which are utilized by criminal organizations/gangs, smuggling networks and terror operatives. The course further illustrates how organized crime syndicates and terrorists exploit various private sector companies within the transportation industry. The course provides best practices and methods for the law enforcement officer to identify criminal activity through confidential sources, intelligence led policing, and enhancing cooperative investigations. This course is modeled after a highly successful operation called "Operation Safe Passage", developed by the New Jersey State Police to combat drug trafficking, organized crime, cargo theft and domestic terrorism. The course provides and illustrates case study analysis, investigative overviews and awareness on the following topics:
• Awareness, Identification, & Investigation of Transnational Criminal Organizations (TOC)
• Identification of Criminal Indicators, Trends, & Tactics Utilized by TOC & Terrorists.
• Investigation of TOC Smuggling Networks & Operatives.
• Awareness of Criminal Activities & Crimes Involving Organized Crime Groups/Gangs & Terrorists.
• Developing Corporate & Private Sector Relationships to Enhance Arrests, Investigations &
• Homeland Security Enhancement Methods & Awareness of Threats Associated to the Transportation
• Identification & Investigative Techniques to Combat Criminal Activity Associated to the
Transportation Industry; such as, Hotel/Lodging Industry,
• Trucking Industry, Freight Forwarding & Parcel Industry, Vehicle Rental Industry, & Self Storage
• Confidential Informant/Source Development & Building Private Sector Cooperation/Civilian
• Developing Partnerships Between Law Enforcement & Corporate Industry Employees.
• Developing Training Methods to Increase Private Sector Cooperation.
• Developing Multi-Agency Cooperation & Inter-agency Cohesiveness.
• Enhance Operational Planning Efforts & Strategic Targeting.
• Awareness & Development of “All Threats, All Crimes, & All Hazards Concept”.
• Enhance Investigative Awareness of Threats Associated to Commercial Motor Vehicles & Terrorism.
• Enhance Investigative Awareness of Cargo Theft & Robbery.
• Enhance Investigative Awareness of Official Corruption Associated to TOC.
• Develop Understanding & Utilization of Intelligence Led Policing Paradigm.
Global Police Solutions, LLC is an Approved Industry Provider of Advanced Law Enforcement training in the State of South Carolina. All class hours are accepted towards your officers yearly mandated CLEE training hours.
Event Dates: 16-April-2014 to 18-April-2014
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
Register for class by: 04/16/2014
Event Type: Training Course/Seminar
Contact Phone: 855-447-7872
Host Agency/Hotel: City of Charleston Police Department