Deputy critical after crash responding to false report
Deputy Jaron Fountain crashed into a ditch while responding to a burglary in progress that was discovered to be false
By PoliceOne Staff
WAGGAMAN, La. — A deputy is in critical condition after losing control of his vehicle and crashing on the way to a call.
The Times-Picayune reports 25-year-old Deputy Jaron Fountain crashed into a ditch while responding to a burglary in progress. That call was ultimately discovered to be a false report made by a woman with dementia.
The woman had reported five men had entered her home. When police arrived, they were told by another occupant the woman had dementia. There were no signs of forced entry, according to the report.
Deputy Fountain was transported to the hospital and remains critical.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform