2 on staff injured during Ind. prison disturbance
The Associated Press
An Indiana Department of Correction spokeswoman says more than one cell house is involved in the disturbance. She didn't release the extent of the staffers' injuries.
The DOC mobilized emergency squads, county police and Indiana State Police to the prison about 45 miles east of Indianapolis.
Pictures taken from television helicopters showed several fires burning in the courtyard and police in riot gear standing outside the prison fence.
In March, Arizona and Indiana reached an agreement on housing over 1,200 Arizona inmates at the prison.
A private company, GEO Group, contracted with the state last year to assume management of the prison.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house