18 inmates injured in a Md. prison fight
By Jennifer McMenamin and John-John Williams IV
The Baltimore Sun
A day after 18 inmates were seriously injured in an apparent gang fight in a Baltimore prison yard, the Metropolitan Transition Center remained locked down yesterday as authorities began interviewing the more than 100 men who were in the exercise yard at the time of the melee.
Corrections officers manned the closed gates yesterday to a street that runs through the downtown state prison complex, checking employee IDs and fielding questions from inmates' relatives.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 18 inmates injured in a Md. prison fight
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help