LAPD begins crowd control training
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. — Under pressure from civil-rights groups, the LAPD began training all its officers in crowd control Tuesday to avoid a repeat of the May Day melee in which women, children and reporters were shoved and shot at with rubber bullets during an immigration-rights rally.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: LAPD begins crowd control training
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms