Calif. PDs will help if riots follow Mehserle verdict
If Oakland needs help with crowd-control, mutual aid is ready
By Melissa Murphy
The Vacaville Reporter
VACAVILLE, Calif. — An anticipated verdict in the murder trial of a former BART police officer has law enforcement officers in Solano County on standby to respond to unpeaceful demonstrations.
Activists have not been secretive about planned rallies in Oakland after a verdict is read, which could happen this week, but while there have been promises to keep it peaceful, even store owners in Oakland are taking extra precautions by boarding up windows.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help