Calif. PDs will help if riots follow Mehserle verdict
If Oakland needs help with crowd-control, mutual aid is ready
By Melissa Murphy
The Vacaville Reporter
VACAVILLE, Calif. — An anticipated verdict in the murder trial of a former BART police officer has law enforcement officers in Solano County on standby to respond to unpeaceful demonstrations.
Activists have not been secretive about planned rallies in Oakland after a verdict is read, which could happen this week, but while there have been promises to keep it peaceful, even store owners in Oakland are taking extra precautions by boarding up windows.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house