Video: Rioters loot Oakland Foot Locker after Mehserle verdict
By PoliceOne Staff
OAKLAND, Calif — Protesters gathered in Oakland, Calif. to demonstrate in respose to the Involuntary Manslaughter verdict of ex-BART cop Johannes Mehserle, who was on trial for the fatal New Years Day shooting of Oscar Grant in 2009. The demonstrations turned violent as the evening wore on despite a large number of riot police in the area.
The videos below show looters breaking into an Oakland Foot Locker. They were taken on the streets some hours after the verdict was read.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend