Video: Rioters loot Oakland Foot Locker after Mehserle verdict
By PoliceOne Staff
OAKLAND, Calif — Protesters gathered in Oakland, Calif. to demonstrate in respose to the Involuntary Manslaughter verdict of ex-BART cop Johannes Mehserle, who was on trial for the fatal New Years Day shooting of Oscar Grant in 2009. The demonstrations turned violent as the evening wore on despite a large number of riot police in the area.
The videos below show looters breaking into an Oakland Foot Locker. They were taken on the streets some hours after the verdict was read.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police