Images released of suspected Calif. rioters
Oakland police release photos of people wanted on suspicion of looting, vandalism following Mehserle verdict
By Kristin Bender
The Oakland Tribune
OAKLAND — Oakland police have released photos of more than a dozen people and are asking for the public's help identifying those they say were involved in looting and vandalizing stores in downtown Oakland on July 8 after the verdict in the murder case against former BART police Officer Johannes Mehserle.
Police are offering as much as $1,000 each for the arrest and conviction of the people involved in the violence and vandalism that followed a mostly peaceful gathering near Oakland City Hall. The protest and unrest came after an involuntary manslaughter verdict was reached in the case against Mehserle.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Images released of suspected Calif. rioters
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy