Officer accused of infiltrating Occupy Oakland says he supports movement
After a video went viral, the police officer responded with his own online interview
By Robert Mackey
The New York Times Blogs
A police officer who was accused of trying to infiltrate the Occupy Oakland movement in a video that went viral, responded online by giving an interview in which he said, "I totally agree with Occupy Wall Street."
As my colleague Malia Wollan reports, "Hundreds of police officers in riot gear circled the Occupy Oakland encampment downtown on Monday morning, making arrests and flattening tents."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court