Cops disperse crowd at anti-police riot in Montreal
Authorities declared the march illegal
Montreal police have ordered protesters at an annual march against brutality to disperse, with riot officers charging the crowd as some demonstrators threw rocks.
At least 1,000 people showed up at the Berri metro station Thursday for the annual anti-police brutality march.
Police in riot gear ordered demonstrators to respect the law and move with traffic flow, and monitored the march from horseback, in some cases.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman