St. Patrick's mob, Canadian police clash
Authorities express extreme disapproval at St. Patrick's day mob in London, Ont.
The Canadian Press
LONDON, Ont. — Disgust and extreme disapproval were running high in London, Ont., Sunday after an intoxicated crowd of St. Patrick's Day revellers spent the previous night fuelling a huge street fire and attacking authorities who tried to intervene.
While no one was seriously injured as a mob of some 1,000 people took over a residential area popular with students, police said every officer responding to the situation was attacked during an upheaval that could have turned into something far worse.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: St. Patrick's mob, Canadian police clash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house