'Occupy' protester: Week in Chicago jail 'was awesome'
Charged with assaulting officer; case was dismissed by local judge
By Rummana Hussein
CHICAGO — A Los Angeles man in town for anti-NATO demonstrations earlier this month has been cleared of attacking a Chicago Police officer. And he spoke highly Tuesday of his week in Cook County Jail.
"It was awesome," Danny Johnson, 31, said of his incarceration here. "I would not speak badly of my time in Cook County Jail."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Special Operations
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds