'Occupy' protester: Week in Chicago jail 'was awesome'
Charged with assaulting officer; case was dismissed by local judge
By Rummana Hussein
CHICAGO — A Los Angeles man in town for anti-NATO demonstrations earlier this month has been cleared of attacking a Chicago Police officer. And he spoke highly Tuesday of his week in Cook County Jail.
"It was awesome," Danny Johnson, 31, said of his incarceration here. "I would not speak badly of my time in Cook County Jail."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests