Storm puts a damper on RNC protesters
What was planned as a 5,000-strong march on the convention hall attracted only about 300 die-hards
By Richard Wolf
TAMPA — A protest against the Republican National Convention largely fizzled in a drizzle Monday because of a threatened hurricane that never materialized.
What was planned as a 5,000-strong march on the convention hall attracted only about 300 die-hards as busloads of others decided not to make the trip.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Storm puts a damper on RNC protesters
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police