Storm puts a damper on RNC protesters
What was planned as a 5,000-strong march on the convention hall attracted only about 300 die-hards
By Richard Wolf
TAMPA — A protest against the Republican National Convention largely fizzled in a drizzle Monday because of a threatened hurricane that never materialized.
What was planned as a 5,000-strong march on the convention hall attracted only about 300 die-hards as busloads of others decided not to make the trip.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Storm puts a damper on RNC protesters
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman