80 arrested at Ohio Halloween party
25 party-goers ended up in the emergency room for alcohol-related reasons
By Jim Woods
The Colombus Dispatch
ATHENS, Ohio — Eighty people were arrested, many on alcohol-related offenses, at the annual Halloween block party near Ohio University, which is a 38 percent decrease from last year's arrest total.
University police arrested 31 people between 3 p.m. Saturday and 3 a.m. yesterday when the streets were cleared. Athens police arrested 49 people in addition to 15 others between 3 p.m. Friday and 3 a.m. Saturday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 80 arrested at Ohio Halloween party
- Juvenile Crime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house