Police review tactics amid 29 injured officers in Belfast riot
The trouble was prompted by Belfast City Council's decision to only fly the Union flag from the City Hall on designated days
PSNI Chief Constable Matt Baggott has said that those who are organising riots in Northern Ireland are leading young people by the nose towards prison.
Mr Baggott said police are trying to identify those involved in recent violence connected with loyalist protests over the Union flag controversy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department