Video: Colo. cops arrest 6 in violent NM-inspired police protest
One of the protesters shot video of the confrontation between protesters and officers and posted it on YouTube
CBS 4 Denver
DENVER — Police in Denver say they had to use pepper spray when people interfered with arrests they were trying to make during a weekend protest on the 16th Street Mall.
Six people were arrested on Saturday evening on the mall at the California Street intersection. One of the protesters shot video of the confrontation between protesters and officers and posted it on YouTube. The video shows that what started as a march by a group called Anonymous quickly turned into a physical feud with Denver officers.
Anonymous has been staging protests since November on the 5th of each month. They said Saturday’s protest had a different twist because they were showing support for demonstrators in Albuquerque who are protesting officer-involved shootings there.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert