Cops hit with bottles while aiding victim shot during police protest
Police and paramedics were trying to help victim when demonstrators threw bottles, bricks, rocks, and other heavy objects at them
By Amy Larson
SALINAS, Calif. — A riot broke out and a homicide happened Wednesday night near where an emotional anti-police protest was staged on Del Monte Avenue in Salinas.
Constantino Garcia, 23, of Salinas, was on the sidewalk outside his house on Mae Avenue and Del Monte Avenue when he was shot multiple times at 9:07 p.m. Police and paramedics were trying to help Constantino Garcia when demonstrators threw bottles, bricks, rocks, and other heavy objects at them.
East Salinas residents had been protesting all day on Del Monte Avenue where Salinas police shot a man Tuesday. A witness recorded the man's death on video and uploaded it on YouTube.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police