Police: Missouri hotel shooting fugitive arrested in Texas
The Associated Press
SPRINGFIELD, Mo.- A man wanted for allegedly firing a gun into a crowded party, wounding nine people, was arrested early Wednesday in Texas, authorities said.
Springfield police said Sharp was arrested in Hurst, Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, by local police and federal marshals.
Four men and five women, all in their early 20s, were wounded in the shooting.
According to court documents, one of the victims identified Sharp as the gunman and said Sharp had argued with another man before firing.
Sharp had completing a 120-day court-ordered drug treatment program in 2004, according to the Missouri Department of Corrections.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen