Police: Missouri hotel shooting fugitive arrested in Texas
The Associated Press
SPRINGFIELD, Mo.- A man wanted for allegedly firing a gun into a crowded party, wounding nine people, was arrested early Wednesday in Texas, authorities said.
Springfield police said Sharp was arrested in Hurst, Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, by local police and federal marshals.
Four men and five women, all in their early 20s, were wounded in the shooting.
According to court documents, one of the victims identified Sharp as the gunman and said Sharp had argued with another man before firing.
Sharp had completing a 120-day court-ordered drug treatment program in 2004, according to the Missouri Department of Corrections.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert