Fugitive on the loose after 2 killed in Calif. post office
The Associated Press
GOLETA, Calif.- Two people were killed and two others were critically wounded Monday when someone opened fire in a postal station, authorities said.
"The suspect is still not apprehended," Cullom said shortly after 10 p.m.
Sheriff's spokesman Erik Raney told KCAL-TV the shooter was believed to be a postal employee. He said the shooting took place at a station where mail is handled.
The station is located across the street from a fire station, just a few blocks from the University of California, Santa Barbara, and Cullom said people ran to the fire station to report the shooting.
"One of our firefighters did remove one of the injured that was near the door," he said.
Two people were taken to a hospital, and Cullom said they were listed in critical condition.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman