Police search for murder suspect after failed stakeout
The Associated Press
DALLAS- Police searching for a murder suspect surrounded his house for hours and sprayed in chemical gas Friday, but a search found no one inside.
Authorities went to his home after a woman at a nearby convenience store reported she had been assaulted by her common-law husband. The woman, who wasn't identified, said her assailant was wanted on a murder warrant.
SWAT members surrounded the house early Friday and a man, a 14-year-old girl and a 10-month-old baby emerged, Hernandez said.
After waiting more than three hours, police used the chemical agents. But when SWAT members went inside, they found no one.
Police believe he probably escaped before the SWAT members arrived.
"We're on the lookout," Hernandez said. "Somehow or another, he managed to get out of the house."
Hernandez had no details about the murder warrant.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms