Man arrested in Pa. wanted on murder charge in St. Croix
The Associated Press
EASTON, Pennsylvania- A man accused of killing a man in St. Croix waived extradition and will soon be returned to the U.S. Virgin Islands to face murder and related charges, police said.
The warrant said Short was charged with first-degree murder, unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm during a crime of violence, possession or sale of ammunition and reckless endangerment.
Short was arrested Saturday after a 1:30 a.m. fight near an Easton tavern. He waived extradition in a hearing Wednesday and was being held without bail in Northampton County Prison, Assistant District Attorney Michael J. Thompson said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help