2 killed, 3 hurt in shooting at crowded Milwaukee park
The Associated Press
MILWAUKEE- A man opened fire at a group of people Monday evening at a park packed with Memorial Day picnickers, killing two and wounding three, police said.
Police were looking for the man, who argued with the victims at the park about 7:30 p.m., fired shots and fled in a vehicle, said police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz.
Witnesses said they heard at least 10 shots, prompting the hundreds of people in South Shore Park on the Lake Michigan shore to scatter, screaming.
The shooting happened next to a playground, Schwartz said.
"It was a very chaotic scene, a lot of people running around when we came," Schwartz said.
Two males were killed, she said. Three people were injured, two critically.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds